23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Pistol, cartridges seized from gang near Tirupur
Covai Post Network
August 23, 2015
Four persons were arrested by the police near Tirupur late last night and arms and ammunition were recovered from them.
The police received a tip that a gang was trying to sell weapons near Thekkalur, about 40 km from Tirupur. They found the four members moving in a very suspicious manner in an autorickshaw. Among the seized weapons were a country-made pistol and 10 cartridges. The autorickshaw was also seized by the police.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr