23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Rs 36L solatium distributed among kins of 6 of Coimbatore accident victims
Covai Post Network
August 18, 2018
Coimbatore : Local Administration Minister S P Velumani today handed over a solatium of Rs 6 lakh each to the family of six persons killed after a car mowed them down near a bus stand here on August 1.
A speeding SUV killed Amsaveni (36), Subashini (18), Subbathal (75), Kuppathal (65), Sreerangadas (61) and Narayanan (70) who were standing in Sundarapuram bus stand on the fateful day.
The Minister also handed over cheques worth Rs 50,000 each to three persons, who were injured in the accident, from the Chief Minister’s Accident Relief Fund.