17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Shyam Football Club wins charity trophy
Covai Post Network
December 4, 2017
Shyam Football Club won the football championship on Monday.
The Nagercoil-based team emerged winners at the end of two-day championship, organised by city-based NGO, UUU Foundation. A cash prize of Rs. 20,000 was also given to the team.
Forty-eight teams participated in the championship held at SNR and Sons College grounds, the proceedings from which will be donated to Thai Anbu Illam, an old age home at Pollachi.
Aishwarya Ilangovan, MD, Agni Steels, gave away the trophy to the winners and the runners Furious Football Club (who were given Rs. 15,000 cash and silver medal). Alwin from Karunya Reds Football Club received the Best Player Award and Surya (Brothers United Football Club) received the Best Goal Keeper Award.