19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Slain Hindu Munnani functionary’s wife attempts suicide
Covai Post Network
September 29, 2016
Inconsolable over the loss of her husband, Yamuna, the wife of Hindu Munnani functionary C Sasikumar, attempted suicide by consuming poison in her house early today.
Relatives became suspicious and went to check on Yamuna, 30, when she did not return from the restroom around 6.30 am. They saw her falling unconscious after consuming some liquid, the police said.
She was immediately taken to a private hospital, where she is being treated.
Sasikumar was murdered close to midnight on September 22. It led to violence and arson during the funeral procession in the city the next day.
The attempted suicide shocked Hindu Munnani cadres and a large number of them assembled near the hospital.
Munnani state spokesperson Mookambikai Mani said that Yamuna’s condition was stable and that she was responding well to treatment.