19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Somanur bus bay collapse probe panel to inspect town stands
Covai Post Network
November 9, 2017
Image credit : File Photo
The one-man Gagandeep Singh Bedi commission probing the recent roof collapse of a bus stand in Somanur, which claimed five lives, today inspected bus stand in Annur, 35 km from here.
The inquiry into the Somanur collapse was progressing and some more technical details were being collected before submission of the report, Bedi told mediapersons.
The government had sought inspection of bus stands in nearby town panchayats and how different was their construction from the Somanur one, he said.
Inspections would be carried out in bus stands in Sulur and Kinathukadavu and these would be incorporated in the report, Bedi added.
WATCH VIDEO HERE : https://youtu.be/X8i04989d3E