18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
TN Health Minister undertaking AIIMS mission to Delhi on March 13
Covai Post Network
March 9, 2018
Coimbatore : Tamil Nadu health Minister Vijayabhaskar would be meeting officials of the Central Government to take up the issue of setting up AIIMS in the State, Principal Secretary Health J Radhakrishnan said today.
All details with regard to setting up of AIIMS had been passed on to the Centre and Vijayabhaskar will meet officials in Delhi on March 13 and discuss the issue, Radhakrishnan told reporters here.
The State had suggested five locations and it was for the Centre to take a decision, he added. The official was here to inspect the ongoing Rs 30-crore renovation works at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital and installation of arious equipment in the departments of cardiology, nephrology and neurology.
He said a cath lab would be set up soon for the benefit of those suffering from heart ailments.