17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
TN Health Minister undertaking AIIMS mission to Delhi on March 13
Covai Post Network
March 9, 2018
Coimbatore : Tamil Nadu health Minister Vijayabhaskar would be meeting officials of the Central Government to take up the issue of setting up AIIMS in the State, Principal Secretary Health J Radhakrishnan said today.
All details with regard to setting up of AIIMS had been passed on to the Centre and Vijayabhaskar will meet officials in Delhi on March 13 and discuss the issue, Radhakrishnan told reporters here.
The State had suggested five locations and it was for the Centre to take a decision, he added. The official was here to inspect the ongoing Rs 30-crore renovation works at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital and installation of arious equipment in the departments of cardiology, nephrology and neurology.
He said a cath lab would be set up soon for the benefit of those suffering from heart ailments.