23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Traders to down shutter for three days to protest closure of resorts
Covai Post Network
August 12, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Coimbatore : Even as the sealing of all the 27 resorts in the elephant corridor in Nilgiris District completed around 8 PM, the traders and shopkeepers in and around Masinagudi decided to down their shutters for three days, to lodge their protest against the sealing of resorts.
The total removal of resorts, they claimed, will adversely affect their livelihood and expressed apprehension that similar sealing of resorts, shops and buildings will also continue around Gudalur, the largest elephant corridor in the area.
The vehicle owners, majority of them jeeps, also decided to join the three day protest, the traders association sources said.