23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Traffic paralysed on ghat section as lorry capsizes
Covai Post Network
December 17, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative image
Vehicular traffic was totally paralysed for nearly two hours on Mettupalayam- Coonoor Road, after a lorry capsized at Barliar, in the middle of the route on ghat section, today.
The vehicles were stranded and long queues, stretching to five kms on either side, were witnessed, due to the incident, police said.
The lorry was removed with the help of a crane and a earth mover and the traffic was cleared after nearly two hours, they said.
The incident badly affected the Sunday tourists, who were stranded on the middle of the road.