23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Undertrial hangs self
Covai Post Network
December 30, 2017
An undertrial lodged in the Central jail here in connection with a motorcycle theft case committed suicide by hanging on a tree in the jail campus on Saturday.
Ganapathi, 24, from Perundhurai was lodged in jail on December 26 on charges of motorcycle theft in Tirupur. As Ganapathi was suffering from breathing problem, he was being given treatment in the jail hospital, police said.
Ganapathi was found missing from the cell from early morning. Later wardens found him hanging dead from a tree in the jail campus, they said. Senior officials rushed to the spot, recovered his body and sent it to Government Hospital for postmortem.