22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
2 held for making threat call to Pinarayi
Covai Post Network
December 30, 2017
Kochi: Two persons were taken into custody for threatening to kill Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
One of them was a murder suspect and they lived in Palakkad, police said. They said the call was made from their neighbour Saiba’s phone which they stole to take revenge on some previous enmity.
The threat call was received by one Sajesh Kumar who was traveling from Chalakkudy to Thrissur on Friday morning. The police traced the call to Palakkad and security was beefed up as Pinarayi was there to attend a party meeting.
The phone had gone missing three days ago.