- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
2 held for making threat call to Pinarayi
Covai Post Network
December 30, 2017
Kochi: Two persons were taken into custody for threatening to kill Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
One of them was a murder suspect and they lived in Palakkad, police said. They said the call was made from their neighbour Saiba’s phone which they stole to take revenge on some previous enmity.
The threat call was received by one Sajesh Kumar who was traveling from Chalakkudy to Thrissur on Friday morning. The police traced the call to Palakkad and security was beefed up as Pinarayi was there to attend a party meeting.
The phone had gone missing three days ago.