23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
2 held for stealing grandmother’s Rs 1.6L
Covai Post Network
October 6, 2017
Kottayam: Two women were arrested for stealing Rs 1.6 lakh from their grandmother using her ATM card.
Sarojini Kunjukutty, 88, is a widow and was living alone in her small house at Kaduthuruthy near Vaikom.
Two of her divorced grandchildren bought a small piece of land from her to build a house there for Rs 1.5 lakh.
The money was deposited in her account. They requested the bank to issue her an ATM card. This was received by post without Sarojini’s knowledge.
The grandchildren used the card to withdraw money and when the elderly woman went to withdraw her pension, there was no money in her account, police said.
The accused were produced before a court in Vaikom.