• Download mobile app
23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday

FLASH NEWS:

  • Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
  • Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
  • ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
  • PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
  • 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
  • India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
  • CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
  • Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
  • Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
  • Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir

Kerala News

Actress assault case: Dileep demands CBI probe

Covai Post Network

KOCHI: Actor Dileep, accused in the actress attack case, has demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation into the case.

The actor alleged that the investigation by the State police was biased and that he has been deliberately framed in the case.

Dileep accused the DGP and other top officials of trapping him in the case with ulterior motives. “Only a central agency can bring out the truth,” Dileep said.

Opposing the plea, the prosecution argued that the move was a strategy to delay the trial indefinitely. The court posted the case for July 4 and directed the prosecution, CBI and other parties concerned to clarify on the matter during the next hearing.

Dileep is alleged to be the mastermind behind the abduction and sexual assault of a woman actor in a moving car in February last year, when she was on her way to Kochi from Thrissur.

The entire episode was also recorded using a mobile phone. Dileep secured a conditional bail from the High Court. The trial began in Ernakulam Principal Sessions Court in March this year.

COIMBATORE WEATHER