23 Apr 2018, Edition - 1014, Monday
- PM Modi is slated to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping during a summit in China’s Wuhan city
- Former UPA Minister Kapil Sibal addresses the media on the impeachment motion, says ‘Dismissal of motion illegal’
- Paris suspect Abdeslam guilty over Brussels shootout: Court
- BJP faces protest in Mysuru as Yeddyurappa’s son denied ticket
- Rahul Gandhi breaks silence on impeachment bid, ‘Judicial Institutions being undermined’
- Actor Salman Khan has filed a petition in the Supreme Court urging it to revoke an FIR filed against him in Rajasthan’s Churu district
- TCS was the top gainer among Nifty50 stocks rising over 4 per cent
- India China Wuhan Summit: PM Modi to visit China later this week, bilateral meet post Doklam standoff
- Ahead of J&K Cabinet reshuffle, J&K BJP Ministers arrive in Delhi to meet Ram Madhav, Jitendra Singh, Netas likely to meet Amit Shah
- Despite a warning from PM, BJP MP Bharat Singh stokes massive row, Neta attacks Christian Missions
Actress assault case: Remand period of accused extended
Covai Post Network
January 24, 2018
KOCHI: Actor Dileep did not appear before the Angamali Magistrate’s court in connection with the actor abduction and abuse case on Wednesday.He had filed an application in the court saying that he will not be able to appear.
Meanwhile, the court extended the remand period of the accused till January 31. The remand period of prime accused Sunil Kumar (Pulsar Suni) has been extended to January 31, when the case will be considered.
The court also asked all the accused in the case to appear before it on January 31. The Magistrate court may shift the case to the sessions court, where the trial of the case will be held on that day
Martin, the driver of the car in which the actress was travelling from Thrissur to Kochi on the day of the incident, claimed that the police have not produced evidences against him. He is one of the accused in the case.