- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
Archdiocese Movement for Transparency launched
Covai Post Network
January 13, 2018
A section of priests has formed a body to bring in transparency in the activities of Ernakulam-Angamali Archdiocese.
The formation of ‘Archdiocese Movement for Transparency’ is part of a move to expose those involved in the ‘shady’ deal in the sale of church land, including Archbishop Cardinal Mar George Alencherry.
The first meeting of the association, formed with the backing of the faithfuls, was held on Friday.The meeting decided “not to tolerate” any priest or bishop who work against the interest of the church.
“A huge amount of money was lost because of the land deal. It cannot be kept under wraps.It is the money of the faithfuls,” they said.