24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
Archdiocese Movement for Transparency launched
Covai Post Network
January 13, 2018
A section of priests has formed a body to bring in transparency in the activities of Ernakulam-Angamali Archdiocese.
The formation of ‘Archdiocese Movement for Transparency’ is part of a move to expose those involved in the ‘shady’ deal in the sale of church land, including Archbishop Cardinal Mar George Alencherry.
The first meeting of the association, formed with the backing of the faithfuls, was held on Friday.The meeting decided “not to tolerate” any priest or bishop who work against the interest of the church.
“A huge amount of money was lost because of the land deal. It cannot be kept under wraps.It is the money of the faithfuls,” they said.