21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Africa on a four-nation visit seeking deeper military and economic ties
- BJP conference on winning no-trust vote held by BJP leader G. V. L. Narasimha Rao
- ‘This crime is unacceptable’, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on mob lynching incident in Alwar
- Number of girls in IITs distressingly low, this needs to increase: President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA had the ‘confidence of the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India’
- More than 500 DMK cadres were detained by police for showing black flag to Governor for conducting review meetings
Arrangements for Sabarimala mandala puja tomorrow
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Kottayam: Arrangements for the Mandala puja marking the culmination of 41 days of pilgrimage at the hill shrine of Sabarimala on Tuesday reached the final phase with the arrival of the golden attire ‘Thanga Angi’ of Lord Ayyappa on Monday evening.
The procession began on Friday from Sree Parthasarthy temple at Aranmula. The ornaments would be adorned on the idol of deity tomorrow for the ‘Mandala puja’ and after ‘athazha puja’ in the evening, the temple will remain closed for two days.
It will open on December 30 for the ‘Makaravillaku’ festival which is on January 14.