22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Assembly ruckus case: LDF Govt to withdraw case
Covai Post Network
February 27, 2018
KOCHI: The Kerala Government has decided to withdraw criminal case against six former LDF MLAs in the 2015 Kerala Assembly brawl case.
During the previous UDF Government, the LDF members had disrupted the Assembly proceedings while the Finance Minister, K.M. Mani, was presenting the budget on March 13, 2015. The crime branch probed the case and filed chargesheet against six LDF MLAs.
The case was withdrawn following a letter by one of the MLAs V. Sivankutty’s letter to the Chief Minister alleging that the case was politically motivated. Sivankutty said that there was no need to proceed further in the matter as he had already tendered an apology.
Based on this letter, the Home Department decided to withdraw the case after consulting with the Law Department.