17 Jul 2018, Edition - 1099, Tuesday
- In last 4 years, they have done nothing for minorities and Muslims, says AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi
- Lokpal Appointment Case: Meeting of Selection committee headed by PM, CJI, Leader of opposition and others fixed for 19 July
- Chennai cops arrest 17 suspects after minor was gangraped and tortured for 7 months
- More Cops confirm lynching of 32-year old construction worker from Kolkata in Kollam, Kerala
- SFI activist attacked in Kerala as CPM alleges PFI behind the attack
- Mobocracy cannot take over; nobody should take law in their hands: Supreme Court on lynching incidents
- Court puts onus on state governments, says ‘Draft new laws on lynching’
- Cops arrest 8 MNS workers after they dug up the road outside the Mantralaya
- 23 people have been injured after a lava bomb or a flying chunk of molten rock, punctured the boat’s roof in Hawaii
- As per the Lok Sabha Secretariat, Mahajan will brief the party leaders about the smooth functioning of the session
Assembly ruckus case: LDF Govt to withdraw case
Covai Post Network
February 27, 2018
KOCHI: The Kerala Government has decided to withdraw criminal case against six former LDF MLAs in the 2015 Kerala Assembly brawl case.
During the previous UDF Government, the LDF members had disrupted the Assembly proceedings while the Finance Minister, K.M. Mani, was presenting the budget on March 13, 2015. The crime branch probed the case and filed chargesheet against six LDF MLAs.
The case was withdrawn following a letter by one of the MLAs V. Sivankutty’s letter to the Chief Minister alleging that the case was politically motivated. Sivankutty said that there was no need to proceed further in the matter as he had already tendered an apology.
Based on this letter, the Home Department decided to withdraw the case after consulting with the Law Department.