26 Apr 2018, Edition - 1017, Thursday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
BJP blasts LDF, UDF in Kerala over anti-GST stand
Covai Post Network
December 23, 2017
Kochi: The BJP has come out against the CPM-led LDF and the Congress-led UDF for underestimating Goods and Service Tax (GST) which has been well-accepted in other States.
BJP Kerala chief Kummanam Rajasekharan was highly critical of Kerala Finance Minister Thomas Isaac embarking on a campaign to create confusion among people. He said this in his address to party workers who took out a march to Isaac’s house in Thiruvananthapuram seeking removal of anomalies in the implementation of GST.
It is ironical that Isaac who had once said that Kerala would be one of the beneficiaries of GST was now taking a different stand. Isaac had said revenue income would double to 20 per cent.
If the Centre introduced a strong law, it was for the government to show the political will to implement it for the benefit of the common man, Kummanam said.