21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Catholic outfit seeks criminal probe into Church land scam
Covai Post Network
January 3, 2018
Kochi: A Catholic outfit has sought criminal probe against Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese Archbishop Cardinal Mar George Allenchery and others pertaining to the land scam.
The Kerala Catholic Association member and lawyer Paulachan Puthuppaara lodged the complaint with Ernakulam range IG Vijayan against the cardinal and two others. He told reporters here that he would to move the court if police failed to act on his complaint.
The scam involved money of the faithfuls and the matter could not be settled within the church, he said.
It was shocking that no move had been made seeking a police probe into the matter, he said, adding that the scam involved issues of cheating, tax evasion, corruption and misuse of church property.