18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Boys rescued from Thailand cave discharged from the hospital
- Cong wants ‘no trust’ motion deferred, doesn’t want debate on Friday
- Kerala Government backs women’s entry in Sabarimala temple
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
Catholic outfit seeks criminal probe into Church land scam
Covai Post Network
January 3, 2018
Kochi: A Catholic outfit has sought criminal probe against Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese Archbishop Cardinal Mar George Allenchery and others pertaining to the land scam.
The Kerala Catholic Association member and lawyer Paulachan Puthuppaara lodged the complaint with Ernakulam range IG Vijayan against the cardinal and two others. He told reporters here that he would to move the court if police failed to act on his complaint.
The scam involved money of the faithfuls and the matter could not be settled within the church, he said.
It was shocking that no move had been made seeking a police probe into the matter, he said, adding that the scam involved issues of cheating, tax evasion, corruption and misuse of church property.