- Download mobile app
22 Jan 2018, Edition - 923, Monday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland Will attend the World Economic Forum at Davos on Tuesday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland
- Karni Sena approaches Supreme Court against the release of film Padmaavat
- Govt hospital in Karnataka turns gambling denDoctors, Nurses seen gambling Patients left unattended
- We should go for comprehensive electoral reforms, says D. Raj, CPI
- Half of the country believes nation is in job crisis
- I work as much as I can for the people, says PM Narendramodi
- The country should be mukt of corruption, says Abid Rasool, Congress
- This is not a Congress vs BJP issue, says NC Spokesperson Sameer Kaul
- I want to unite people with humanitarian values, PM Narendramodi
Catholic outfit seeks criminal probe into Church land scam
Covai Post Network
January 3, 2018
Kochi: A Catholic outfit has sought criminal probe against Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese Archbishop Cardinal Mar George Allenchery and others pertaining to the land scam.
The Kerala Catholic Association member and lawyer Paulachan Puthuppaara lodged the complaint with Ernakulam range IG Vijayan against the cardinal and two others. He told reporters here that he would to move the court if police failed to act on his complaint.
The scam involved money of the faithfuls and the matter could not be settled within the church, he said.
It was shocking that no move had been made seeking a police probe into the matter, he said, adding that the scam involved issues of cheating, tax evasion, corruption and misuse of church property.