21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Africa on a four-nation visit seeking deeper military and economic ties
- BJP conference on winning no-trust vote held by BJP leader G. V. L. Narasimha Rao
- ‘This crime is unacceptable’, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on mob lynching incident in Alwar
- Number of girls in IITs distressingly low, this needs to increase: President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA had the ‘confidence of the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India’
- More than 500 DMK cadres were detained by police for showing black flag to Governor for conducting review meetings
Central team to moot Rs 404 cr Ockhi aid to Kerala
Covai Post Network
December 30, 2017
Kottayam: The Central team has said it will recommend an aid of Rs 404 crore for Kerala to tide over Ockhi losses.
The State had demanded Rs 442 crore but the team said it could not recommend more than Rs 404 crore, Finance Minister Thomas Isaac told mediapersons in Thiruvananthapuram.
Winding up the tour on Friday, the team headed by Additional secretary, Disaster Management Department Bipin Mallick held discussions with the Revenue Minister and the Chief Secretary, Isaac said.