24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Ceremonial farewell to jawan killed in Jammu firing
Covai Post Network
January 23, 2018
Kozhikkode: Martyr Lance Naik Sam Abraham was given final ceremonial farewell by the nation at his native place in Mavelikkara yesterday.
Sam succumbed to injuries sustained in cross-border firing from Pakistan in the Jammu sector.
He was given last respect by the armed forces at St Gregarious Orthodox Church cemetery where a large number of people turned up to pay tributes.
Earlier, State Minister G Sudhakaran, former Union Minister Kodikunnil Suresh and Opposition Leader Ramesh Chennithala were among those who paid tributes to him. His body was brought in a special army vehicle and kept at Bishop Hodges Higher Secondary School.