27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
Challenge before Congress is to strengthen the organisation: Muraleedharan
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Former Chief Minister K. Karunakaran’s son K. Muraleedharan said it was fruitless to discuss issues related to the ‘cooked up scandals’ involving his father and the challenge before the Congress was to strengthen the organisation to help it come back to power at the Centre and the State.
“Instead of engaging in mud-slinging within the party, the Congress should channelise its energy to fight the BJP and the Left parties. There were a number of people who cheated my father and many even longed to see him behind the bars in the ISRO spy case. It is not good for the party to go into the past,” he told reporters here on Tuesday, while inaugurating an event commemorating the birth anniversary of Karunakaran.
“People who ate in the same plate with my father back stabbed him,” he added.
Muraleedharan’s remarks came after KPCC chief M.M. Hassan expressed regrets over his involvement in the efforts to oust Karunakaran after ISRO espionage scandal in 1995.