- Download mobile app
22 Jan 2018, Edition - 923, Monday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland Will attend the World Economic Forum at Davos on Tuesday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland
- Karni Sena approaches Supreme Court against the release of film Padmaavat
- Govt hospital in Karnataka turns gambling denDoctors, Nurses seen gambling Patients left unattended
- We should go for comprehensive electoral reforms, says D. Raj, CPI
- Half of the country believes nation is in job crisis
- I work as much as I can for the people, says PM Narendramodi
- The country should be mukt of corruption, says Abid Rasool, Congress
- This is not a Congress vs BJP issue, says NC Spokesperson Sameer Kaul
- I want to unite people with humanitarian values, PM Narendramodi
CM’s intervention sought to solve restrictions to offer prayers in Bonacaud
Covai Post Network
January 6, 2018
Kottayam: Chief Minister’s intervention has been sought to solve the restrictions imposed on the believers in offering prayers at Bonacaud in Thiruvananthapuram.
Problems can be solved through talks, M Soosa Pakiam, Archbishop of Thiruvananthapuram Archdiosese, said.
The faithfuls are agitated over the baton charge carried out by police yesterday. Still there is scope for settling the issue through dialogue, he said at Thiruvananthapuram.
He said that the government was only against construction activities in the mountain and had no objection in allowing the pilgrims once in a year. It was only because the condition was violated, the faithful were targeted by police.