22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Cop facing bribe charge ends life on station premises
Covai Post Network
January 3, 2018
Kochi: A city cop PM Thomas facing bribery charge was found dead behind the police station here today.
Attached to the Kadavanthra police station, Additional Sub-Inspector Thomas, 53, was found hanging in the backyard of the police station.
After completing his duty, Thomas went out around 3 am today, police said.
His body was found by policemen who came for duty in the morning. He was on leave for 13 days and was to appear for the trial beginning today at the vigilance court in Muvattupuzha.
He was held by the vigilance while allegedly taking bribe in 2008.