21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Africa on a four-nation visit seeking deeper military and economic ties
- BJP conference on winning no-trust vote held by BJP leader G. V. L. Narasimha Rao
- ‘This crime is unacceptable’, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on mob lynching incident in Alwar
- Number of girls in IITs distressingly low, this needs to increase: President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA had the ‘confidence of the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India’
- More than 500 DMK cadres were detained by police for showing black flag to Governor for conducting review meetings
Cop facing bribe charge ends life on station premises
Covai Post Network
January 3, 2018
Kochi: A city cop PM Thomas facing bribery charge was found dead behind the police station here today.
Attached to the Kadavanthra police station, Additional Sub-Inspector Thomas, 53, was found hanging in the backyard of the police station.
After completing his duty, Thomas went out around 3 am today, police said.
His body was found by policemen who came for duty in the morning. He was on leave for 13 days and was to appear for the trial beginning today at the vigilance court in Muvattupuzha.
He was held by the vigilance while allegedly taking bribe in 2008.