23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
CPI demands action against Thomas Chandy
Covai Post Network
November 2, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The Communist Party of India on Thursday demanded action against State Transport Minister Thomas Chandy for ‘misusing his power’.
The party’s national General Secretary Sudhakar Reddy said that action should be taken against Chandy as he had misused power. “The Revenue Minister has recommended action against Chandy. There is no place for corruption in the LDF Government,” he said.
The demand follows Chandy’s open challenge to the Government to act against him at a function attended by CPI State chief Kanam Rajendran the other day at Alappuzha.
The CPI-M has 65 seats while CPI has 19 of the total 140 seats in the Assembly.