27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
CPM expels 11 members for defying NB party stand on NH in Kannur
Covai Post Network
January 2, 2018
Kochi: The CPM expelled 11 active party members for acting against the State Government’s policy on road widening at Keezhatoor in Kannur.
Of them, nine were members of Keezhatoor central branch and the rest north branch. The party had sought clarifications from them for taking part in the strike. But only two of them responded though the party’ found that unsatisfactory.
Party cadres had observed a 20-day fast opposing laying of the national highway through paddy fields in Keezhatoor. CPM went slow on imposing it with iron hand.
A meeting chaired by PWD minister G. Sudhakaran assured tthe agitators that the road would not be allowed to pass through paddyfields.