- Download mobile app
22 Jan 2018, Edition - 923, Monday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland Will attend the World Economic Forum at Davos on Tuesday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland
- Karni Sena approaches Supreme Court against the release of film Padmaavat
- Govt hospital in Karnataka turns gambling denDoctors, Nurses seen gambling Patients left unattended
- We should go for comprehensive electoral reforms, says D. Raj, CPI
- Half of the country believes nation is in job crisis
- I work as much as I can for the people, says PM Narendramodi
- The country should be mukt of corruption, says Abid Rasool, Congress
- This is not a Congress vs BJP issue, says NC Spokesperson Sameer Kaul
- I want to unite people with humanitarian values, PM Narendramodi
CPM expels 11 members for defying NB party stand on NH in Kannur
Covai Post Network
January 2, 2018
Kochi: The CPM expelled 11 active party members for acting against the State Government’s policy on road widening at Keezhatoor in Kannur.
Of them, nine were members of Keezhatoor central branch and the rest north branch. The party had sought clarifications from them for taking part in the strike. But only two of them responded though the party’ found that unsatisfactory.
Party cadres had observed a 20-day fast opposing laying of the national highway through paddy fields in Keezhatoor. CPM went slow on imposing it with iron hand.
A meeting chaired by PWD minister G. Sudhakaran assured tthe agitators that the road would not be allowed to pass through paddyfields.