27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
Cyclone Ockhi: Kerala CM thanks Modi for support
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the assistance granted during the cyclone Ockhi disaster.
Thanking Modi for visiting the cyclone affected areas, he said the support received from the Centre in the search and rescue was commendable.
“The Central Government offered immense help to those who got trapped in the sea. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s statement in Parliament hailing the State for timely disaster management and rescue mission was a great inspiration for the State Government,” he said.
“It was a great relief to Kerala when Union Ministers Nirmala Sitaraman and Alphons Kannanthanam to visit the cyclone hit areas. The Centre’s assurance to review the Ockhi rehabilitation-reconstruction package submitted by the State gives a lot of hope to the State in the adverse situation,” the Chief Minister said.