20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Demonetised notes worth Rs. 30 lakh seized
Covai Post Network
January 24, 2018
KOCHI: Demonetised currency notes having a face value of Rs. 30 lakh were seized from three persons at Chavakkad near Guruvayur on Wednesday.
A team led by Circle Inspector K.G. Suresh arrested Sajikumar of Punalur in Kollam, Abhilash of Koratty in Thrissur and S K Mani of Varkala in Thiruvananthapuram and seized banned currency notes of Rs. 1000 and 500 denomination.
Sajikumar is a contractor from Gujarat from where the notes were brought.
Mani is a teacher in a tutorial, while Abhilash is a timber merchant. It is learnt that Abhilash had offered them Rs 7 lakh in exchange of the banned notes.