18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Boys rescued from Thailand cave discharged from the hospital
- Cong wants ‘no trust’ motion deferred, doesn’t want debate on Friday
- Kerala Government backs women’s entry in Sabarimala temple
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
Demonetised notes worth Rs. 30 lakh seized
Covai Post Network
January 24, 2018
KOCHI: Demonetised currency notes having a face value of Rs. 30 lakh were seized from three persons at Chavakkad near Guruvayur on Wednesday.
A team led by Circle Inspector K.G. Suresh arrested Sajikumar of Punalur in Kollam, Abhilash of Koratty in Thrissur and S K Mani of Varkala in Thiruvananthapuram and seized banned currency notes of Rs. 1000 and 500 denomination.
Sajikumar is a contractor from Gujarat from where the notes were brought.
Mani is a teacher in a tutorial, while Abhilash is a timber merchant. It is learnt that Abhilash had offered them Rs 7 lakh in exchange of the banned notes.