20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Dileep plea for probe into chargesheet leak rejected
Covai Post Network
January 19, 2018
Kochi: The Angamali magistrate court has rejected actor Dileep’s plea for a probe into the leaking of the chargesheet against him in the actor abuse case.
An eighth accused in the case, Dileep had filed a plea accusing police of leaking the report to the media with malicious intention and sought action against them.
The court said there was no need to investigate the case even as it took the matter seriously. The court chided investigation officer Circle Inspector Biju Poulose for the lapse.
It also suggested that the media refrain from publishing anything that would affect the investigation of the case.
Dileep was in jail for over 85 days in connection with the abduction and abuse of the actor last year. He is out on a bail.