22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Dileep seeks CBI probe into actor abduction case, claims charges ‘false’
Covai Post Network
November 3, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kochi: Actor Dileep has sought a CBI probe into the actor abduction case. He has claimed that the charges were foisted against him by Director General of Police Loknath Behera and Additional Director General of Police B Sandhya.
A request in this regard was submitted to the State Home Secretary.
Dileep has said that if the entire investigation team is replaced by an independent agency, the ‘truth’ will come out.
His 12-page letter is said to have been sent two weeks ago, immediately after he was released on bail.
He had also told the police that he was being blackmailed .