22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Filipino woman smuggling cocaine detained at Nedumbassery airport
Covai Post Network
January 1, 2018
Kottayam: A Filipino woman was detained for smuggling cocaine worth Rs 25 crore at Nedumbassery international airport in Kochi today.
Narcotics Control Bureau seized a total of 4.75 kg of narcotics from Johanna who landed in Kochi on a flight from Muscat, NCB sources said.
She boarded a flight from Sao Paulo in Brazil.
She was assigned to hand over the narcotics to different agents in Kochi. However, she said she had no knowledge about the agents.