23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Fire on Chennai Egmore-Kollam train
Covai Post Network
July 16, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative image
Kochi: The Chennai Egmore-Kollam Ananthapuri Express caught fire when it arrived at Kollam station today.
The train was about to stop at the station when the fire was noticed in the electrical locomotive.
There was a surge of fire initially, followed by smoke. Fire and rescue personnel in the station put out the fire by opening a vent of the engine.
There was no report of any casualty in the incident that occurred at about 2 pm, delaying the train by more than an hour.