20 Aug 2018, Edition - 1133, Monday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Fire on Chennai Egmore-Kollam train
Covai Post Network
July 16, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative image
Kochi: The Chennai Egmore-Kollam Ananthapuri Express caught fire when it arrived at Kollam station today.
The train was about to stop at the station when the fire was noticed in the electrical locomotive.
There was a surge of fire initially, followed by smoke. Fire and rescue personnel in the station put out the fire by opening a vent of the engine.
There was no report of any casualty in the incident that occurred at about 2 pm, delaying the train by more than an hour.