16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Five dead as bus ploughed through a group of people near Kannur
Covai Post Network
November 5, 2017
Kottayam: Five persons including a woman were killed and over 20 injured when a private bus ploughed through a group of people at Mandoor on Pilathara-Pazhayangadi near Kannur on Saturday.
The passengers of a bus ‘Alvidha’ had got down after it broke down and were waiting to board another when the incident occurred, Police said. They were waiting behind the faulty bus to board the bus which had later crushed to death some of them.
The bodies of the dead were shifted to Pariyaram Medical College. Those injured were taken Pariyaram Medical college. Bus driver was arrested under a non bailable warrant.