23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Five dead as bus ploughed through a group of people near Kannur
Covai Post Network
November 5, 2017
Kottayam: Five persons including a woman were killed and over 20 injured when a private bus ploughed through a group of people at Mandoor on Pilathara-Pazhayangadi near Kannur on Saturday.
The passengers of a bus ‘Alvidha’ had got down after it broke down and were waiting to board another when the incident occurred, Police said. They were waiting behind the faulty bus to board the bus which had later crushed to death some of them.
The bodies of the dead were shifted to Pariyaram Medical College. Those injured were taken Pariyaram Medical college. Bus driver was arrested under a non bailable warrant.