21 Jul 2018, Edition - 1103, Saturday
- Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in Africa on a four-nation visit seeking deeper military and economic ties
- BJP conference on winning no-trust vote held by BJP leader G. V. L. Narasimha Rao
- ‘This crime is unacceptable’, says Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on mob lynching incident in Alwar
- Number of girls in IITs distressingly low, this needs to increase: President Ram Nath Kovind
- PM Narendra Modi said the NDA had the ‘confidence of the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India’
- More than 500 DMK cadres were detained by police for showing black flag to Governor for conducting review meetings
Green bench rejects plea against plan for IOC plant at Puthuvype in Kochi
Covai Post Network
December 22, 2017
Kochi: The National Green Bench in Chennai has rejected the plea of the people’s forum opposing the setting up of the IOC plant at Puthuvype near here.
The bench said those opposing the project had failed to produce evidence to support their claim that the plant would be a threat to humans and their property. Leaders of people’s forum KU Radakrishnan and KS Murali had submitted the plea.
The court said IOC could go ahead with construction of plant. Meanwhile, protesters have decided to revive their agitation against the plant.