17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Health Department suspends two doctors
Covai Post Network
October 7, 2017
The Health Department suspended two Government for their alleged negligence in attending to a five-year-old rape victim in Patthanamthitta.
The gynecologists – Dr Lekha Madhav and Dr. M.C. Ganga – of Kozhencherry District Hospital have been suspended for wasting about six hours in attending the child, who was sexually assaulted by her neighbour while she was getting back from school.
Aggrieved parents, with the help of panchayat members, lodged a complaint with the Health Minister, District Collector and District Medical Officer.
In their report, the Collector and DMO said that the hospital had in fact erred in immediately attending to child.
The police have sought permission to book the doctors under Sections 166 A and B of Indian Penal Code.