23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Health Department suspends two doctors
Covai Post Network
October 7, 2017
The Health Department suspended two Government for their alleged negligence in attending to a five-year-old rape victim in Patthanamthitta.
The gynecologists – Dr Lekha Madhav and Dr. M.C. Ganga – of Kozhencherry District Hospital have been suspended for wasting about six hours in attending the child, who was sexually assaulted by her neighbour while she was getting back from school.
Aggrieved parents, with the help of panchayat members, lodged a complaint with the Health Minister, District Collector and District Medical Officer.
In their report, the Collector and DMO said that the hospital had in fact erred in immediately attending to child.
The police have sought permission to book the doctors under Sections 166 A and B of Indian Penal Code.