24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
JD(U) set to join LDF in Kerala
Covai Post Network
January 11, 2018
The Janata Dal (U), led by Veerendra Kumar, on Thursday decided to join the Left Democratic Front.An official announcement is expected to be made after the State Council meeting on Friday.
The decision to leave the Congress-led United Democratic Front and to join the ruling LDF was informed to party office bearers at a meeting here.
The meeting, attended by 14 district unit Presidents, unanimously decided to work with the Left, party General Secretary Varghese George told reporters.
Veerendra Kumar resigned from the Rajya Sabha following JD(U) chief and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar joining the BJP-led National Democratic Allianc