- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
JD(U) set to join LDF in Kerala
Covai Post Network
January 11, 2018
The Janata Dal (U), led by Veerendra Kumar, on Thursday decided to join the Left Democratic Front.An official announcement is expected to be made after the State Council meeting on Friday.
The decision to leave the Congress-led United Democratic Front and to join the ruling LDF was informed to party office bearers at a meeting here.
The meeting, attended by 14 district unit Presidents, unanimously decided to work with the Left, party General Secretary Varghese George told reporters.
Veerendra Kumar resigned from the Rajya Sabha following JD(U) chief and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar joining the BJP-led National Democratic Allianc