27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
Kannur airport to conduct trial run next month
Covai Post Network
December 23, 2017
Kochi: People of North Kerala are upbeat over Kannur airport getting ready to conduct trial run from next month.
The airport is likely to become operational by September next year. It is likely to benefit over 15 lakh people annually, Chief Minister’s Office said through social media.
The apron is designed in a manner that 20 aircraft could be accommodated. The work on 3,050 metre runway has been completed.
Boeing B-777 coming under code E category, airbus A 330 can be operated from the airport. In future it can handle airbus A-380 coming under category code F category.
The passenger terminal has an area of one lakh square metre. There are 48 check in counters and 16 each counters for emigration and immigration.
The airport will help people of South Karnataka and north Western parts of Tamil Nadu.