18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Karnataka Governor is ‘BJP agent’: Chennithala
Covai Post Network
May 17, 2018
Kozhikode: Kerala Opposition Leader Ramesh Chennithala of the Congress has described the Karnataka Governor as an ‘agent of the BJP’.
The act of the Governor to invite a party with insufficient legislators was an insult to democracy, he told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram.
ALSO WATCH : Abhinav Bindras in the making at the Coimbatore Rifle Club
It was not the job of a Governor to become an intermediary of Premier Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah.
The developments had made the Constitution a mockery. The government would be short lived and the Congress-JDU alliance would come to power shortly, he added.