22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Karnataka Governor is ‘BJP agent’: Chennithala
Covai Post Network
May 17, 2018
Kozhikode: Kerala Opposition Leader Ramesh Chennithala of the Congress has described the Karnataka Governor as an ‘agent of the BJP’.
The act of the Governor to invite a party with insufficient legislators was an insult to democracy, he told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram.
ALSO WATCH : Abhinav Bindras in the making at the Coimbatore Rifle Club
It was not the job of a Governor to become an intermediary of Premier Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah.
The developments had made the Constitution a mockery. The government would be short lived and the Congress-JDU alliance would come to power shortly, he added.