26 May 2018, Edition - 1047, Saturday
- Congress-JD(S) win trust vote in Assembly
- Major Gogoi controversy: Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat breaks silence, says ‘errant officers will be punished’
- All five accused in 2013 Bodhgaya blast found guilty by Patna court
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina is on her two-day visit to West Bengal on the invitation of PM Modi
- BJP in a huddle ahead of floor test, Karnataka BJP MLAs hold meet
- H D Kumaraswamy to face floor test today, JD(S) MLAs reach Vidhana Soudha, MLAs brought from luxury resort
- Cracks emerge between Cong-JDS, rift arises even before floor test, fight over RR Nagar Constituency
- Bitterness in Cong ahead of trust vote, D K Shivkumar skipped key meet yesterday, ready to rule; Cong house not in order?
- Ahead of floor test in Karnataka, reports suggest fresh new twist, ‘Cong may not back HDK for 5 years’
- Fresh Pak provocation along LoC, forces foil infiltration bid in Keran sector, terrorists nabbed by security forces
Karnataka Governor is ‘BJP agent’: Chennithala
Covai Post Network
May 17, 2018
Kozhikode: Kerala Opposition Leader Ramesh Chennithala of the Congress has described the Karnataka Governor as an ‘agent of the BJP’.
The act of the Governor to invite a party with insufficient legislators was an insult to democracy, he told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram.
ALSO WATCH : Abhinav Bindras in the making at the Coimbatore Rifle Club
It was not the job of a Governor to become an intermediary of Premier Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah.
The developments had made the Constitution a mockery. The government would be short lived and the Congress-JDU alliance would come to power shortly, he added.