25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Kasargod priest Sankar Narayana performed rituals for UAE temple ground-breaking
Covai Post Network
February 14, 2018
Kochi: The 38-year-old Sankar Narayanan of Kasargod was the only priest from South India to perform the rituals during the laying of the foundation stone for the temple in the UAE by Prime Minister.
Mahesh Rawal, Alpesh Joshi and Shailesh Maharaj were other priests who performed the rituals.Sankar Narayana is the chief priest of the 125- year-old Lord Siva temple in Muscat.
He learned the basics of tantras while assisting his father Radhakrishna Adiga at Mallikarjuna temple in Kasargod Sivananda Mayya was his first guru. He then went to Gokarnam to learn veda for three years.
He worked as a junior to Narayana Dev of Aarikadi in Kumbla. Later, he went to Muscat as a priest in the Lord Siva temple in 2006.He returned to take over the charge of chief priest from his father who retired in 2010 from Mallikarjuna temple.He returned to Muscat as chief priest in 2014.