23 Apr 2018, Edition - 1014, Monday
- PM Modi is slated to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping during a summit in China’s Wuhan city
- Former UPA Minister Kapil Sibal addresses the media on the impeachment motion, says ‘Dismissal of motion illegal’
- Paris suspect Abdeslam guilty over Brussels shootout: Court
- BJP faces protest in Mysuru as Yeddyurappa’s son denied ticket
- Rahul Gandhi breaks silence on impeachment bid, ‘Judicial Institutions being undermined’
- Actor Salman Khan has filed a petition in the Supreme Court urging it to revoke an FIR filed against him in Rajasthan’s Churu district
- TCS was the top gainer among Nifty50 stocks rising over 4 per cent
- India China Wuhan Summit: PM Modi to visit China later this week, bilateral meet post Doklam standoff
- Ahead of J&K Cabinet reshuffle, J&K BJP Ministers arrive in Delhi to meet Ram Madhav, Jitendra Singh, Netas likely to meet Amit Shah
- Despite a warning from PM, BJP MP Bharat Singh stokes massive row, Neta attacks Christian Missions
Kasargod priest Sankar Narayana performed rituals for UAE temple ground-breaking
Covai Post Network
February 14, 2018
Kochi: The 38-year-old Sankar Narayanan of Kasargod was the only priest from South India to perform the rituals during the laying of the foundation stone for the temple in the UAE by Prime Minister.
Mahesh Rawal, Alpesh Joshi and Shailesh Maharaj were other priests who performed the rituals.Sankar Narayana is the chief priest of the 125- year-old Lord Siva temple in Muscat.
He learned the basics of tantras while assisting his father Radhakrishna Adiga at Mallikarjuna temple in Kasargod Sivananda Mayya was his first guru. He then went to Gokarnam to learn veda for three years.
He worked as a junior to Narayana Dev of Aarikadi in Kumbla. Later, he went to Muscat as a priest in the Lord Siva temple in 2006.He returned to take over the charge of chief priest from his father who retired in 2010 from Mallikarjuna temple.He returned to Muscat as chief priest in 2014.