22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Kathua incident: Hartal call disrupts life in Kerala
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
KOCHI: Normal life was disrupted in Kerala on Monday following a hartal call called by a section of social media users to protest the rape and murder of a minor girl at Kathua in Kashmir.
Supporters went berserk forcing shopkeepers to down the shutters and blocking traffic at important junctions. What began as a campaign on social media led to a total shutdown. While normal life was disrupted in parts of Thiruvananthapuram, it was total chaos in Malapuram, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Kannur and Kasargod.
ALSO READ : Ground breaking ceremony for housing project performed
Stones were pelted and roads were blocked at several places. Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse unruly crowd and registered case against many people. Some of the protesters were detained.