25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Kathua incident: Hartal call disrupts life in Kerala
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
KOCHI: Normal life was disrupted in Kerala on Monday following a hartal call called by a section of social media users to protest the rape and murder of a minor girl at Kathua in Kashmir.
Supporters went berserk forcing shopkeepers to down the shutters and blocking traffic at important junctions. What began as a campaign on social media led to a total shutdown. While normal life was disrupted in parts of Thiruvananthapuram, it was total chaos in Malapuram, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Kannur and Kasargod.
ALSO READ : Ground breaking ceremony for housing project performed
Stones were pelted and roads were blocked at several places. Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse unruly crowd and registered case against many people. Some of the protesters were detained.