15 Jul 2018, Edition - 1097, Sunday
- Congress takes a jibe at PM Modi after former Pak PM Nawaz Sharif was arrested last night
- Another person succumbs to potholes in Mumbai as 27-year old dies after his bike skid through a pothole in Navi Mumbai
- State of J&K says FIR against Major Aditya was justified as the next hearing on his case is on Monday
- Congress MP Shashi Tharoor summoned by Kolkata Court over his ‘Hindu-Pak’ comment
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone for the 340-km long Purvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh
- Twelve Russian intelligence officers were charged on Friday with hacking Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign
Kathua incident: Hartal call disrupts life in Kerala
Covai Post Network
April 16, 2018
KOCHI: Normal life was disrupted in Kerala on Monday following a hartal call called by a section of social media users to protest the rape and murder of a minor girl at Kathua in Kashmir.
Supporters went berserk forcing shopkeepers to down the shutters and blocking traffic at important junctions. What began as a campaign on social media led to a total shutdown. While normal life was disrupted in parts of Thiruvananthapuram, it was total chaos in Malapuram, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Kannur and Kasargod.
ALSO READ : Ground breaking ceremony for housing project performed
Stones were pelted and roads were blocked at several places. Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse unruly crowd and registered case against many people. Some of the protesters were detained.