16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Kerala CM seeks action on those who said Kamal should be “shot dead”
Covai Post Network
November 5, 2017
Kottayam: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has strongly condemned the forces which have threatened to kill thespian Kamal Haasan throwing a challenge to secularism in the country.
Those who have threatened the actor should be arrested at the earliest, he said through Facebook post.
Such forces will be crushed in the country where democracy and secularism are deep rooted, he said. Such forces should be uprooted using the legal system.
The people have the right to know Mahatma Gandhi, communist leader Govind Pansare, Narendra Dhabolkar, academician M M Kalburgi and Gauri Lankesh.
The people of the country should realise the danger posed by such forces and unite to fight against them to ensure that such incidents are not repeated in the future.