20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Kerala HC quashes case against Oommen Chandy in Patoor land deal
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
Kochi: Kerala High Court today quashed the Patoor land case against former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy of Congress and four others.
The case pertains to a flat promoter taking possession of an unregistered land with Chandy granting permission to it. The court said the case was not tenable under the Prevention of Corruption Act. The ruling came while disposing the petition of former Chief Secretary Bharath Bhushan who was an accused in it.
With this, the FIR registered by the vigilance has been nullified. The court strongly chided the then vigilance director Jacob Thomas and said the FIR was filed on the basis of wrong report submitted by him.
The case pertains to Chandy signing the file which allowed a flat promoter to take over a piece of land of Kerala Water Authority.