16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Kerala Revenue Minister seeks action against colleague Chandy
Covai Post Network
October 24, 2017
Kochi: Kerala Revenue Minister E Chandrashekharan has sought strict action against Transport Minister for violating various laws, including the Wetlands Conservancy Act.
This has put the CPM-led Left Democratic Front Government in a tight spot as the Revenue Minster belongs to the CPI and action has been sought against a minister of NCP.
The Revenue Minster has also proposed action against officials for dereliction of duty. The action was demanded on the basis of the report of the Alappuzha Collector who has also sent a notice to Chandy.