16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Kerala safe place for workers from other States: DGP
Covai Post Network
October 10, 2017
Director-General of Police Loknath Behera said migrant workers in Kerala were safe and appealed to people not to believe in baseless propaganda in the social media about possible attack on migrant labourers.
Talking to reporters in Thirvananthapuram, he said no attack would be unleashed against workers from other States in Kerala. “Police will take severe action against those who indulge in spreading rumours.” he said and urged people to stay away from such rumours.
The Government would bring in various projects for the welfare of workers from other States. “Their accommodation, medical facilities and eduction for their wards will be taken care of,” the DGP added.