22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Kerala safe place for workers from other States: DGP
Covai Post Network
October 10, 2017
Director-General of Police Loknath Behera said migrant workers in Kerala were safe and appealed to people not to believe in baseless propaganda in the social media about possible attack on migrant labourers.
Talking to reporters in Thirvananthapuram, he said no attack would be unleashed against workers from other States in Kerala. “Police will take severe action against those who indulge in spreading rumours.” he said and urged people to stay away from such rumours.
The Government would bring in various projects for the welfare of workers from other States. “Their accommodation, medical facilities and eduction for their wards will be taken care of,” the DGP added.