23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Kodiyeri Balakrishnan’s son accused of cheating in Dubai
Covai Post Network
January 24, 2018
KOTTAYAM: The CPI-M’s Kerala unit Secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan’s son Binoy has been accused of cheating a Dubai-based travel and tourism firm of Rs. 13 crore.
In his complaint in a Dubai court, Hasan Ismaeel Abdulla Ammarzooqi, owner of JAAS Tourism LLC, alleged that Binoy had cheated hi and his partner of Rs. 13 crore and fled Dubai. He sought the help of Indian officials for extraditing Binoy from India.
Later talking to media persons, Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said it was up to Binoy to react to the controversy. He said as of now there was no complaint against his son.
At the same time, the BJP and Congress have demanded Kodiyeri’s resignation.