- Download mobile app
22 Jan 2018, Edition - 923, Monday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland Will attend the World Economic Forum at Davos on Tuesday
- PM Modi lands in Zurich, Switzerland
- Karni Sena approaches Supreme Court against the release of film Padmaavat
- Govt hospital in Karnataka turns gambling denDoctors, Nurses seen gambling Patients left unattended
- We should go for comprehensive electoral reforms, says D. Raj, CPI
- Half of the country believes nation is in job crisis
- I work as much as I can for the people, says PM Narendramodi
- The country should be mukt of corruption, says Abid Rasool, Congress
- This is not a Congress vs BJP issue, says NC Spokesperson Sameer Kaul
- I want to unite people with humanitarian values, PM Narendramodi
KSRTC to be hit as ageing buses are to go off road
Covai Post Network
December 24, 2017
Vagamon: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation services are going to be badly hit as 1,171 buses would be off the road due to ageing.
The state motor vehicles rules do not permit buses which are 15 years old to be operated. These buses are lying in different depots across the state.
The cash crunch in the state is a stumbling block in purchase of new buses. Shockingly only six new buses have been ordered by the government.
Finance Minister had said in the budget speech that the government would buy 1000 buses using Rs 300 crore with loan from financial institutions.
The KSRTC has bought only one CNG operated bus which is rotting in Pappanamkode bus depot.