21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
KSRTC to be hit as ageing buses are to go off road
Covai Post Network
December 24, 2017
Vagamon: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation services are going to be badly hit as 1,171 buses would be off the road due to ageing.
The state motor vehicles rules do not permit buses which are 15 years old to be operated. These buses are lying in different depots across the state.
The cash crunch in the state is a stumbling block in purchase of new buses. Shockingly only six new buses have been ordered by the government.
Finance Minister had said in the budget speech that the government would buy 1000 buses using Rs 300 crore with loan from financial institutions.
The KSRTC has bought only one CNG operated bus which is rotting in Pappanamkode bus depot.