18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Boys rescued from Thailand cave discharged from the hospital
- Cong wants ‘no trust’ motion deferred, doesn’t want debate on Friday
- Kerala Government backs women’s entry in Sabarimala temple
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
KSRTC to be hit as ageing buses are to go off road
Covai Post Network
December 24, 2017
Vagamon: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation services are going to be badly hit as 1,171 buses would be off the road due to ageing.
The state motor vehicles rules do not permit buses which are 15 years old to be operated. These buses are lying in different depots across the state.
The cash crunch in the state is a stumbling block in purchase of new buses. Shockingly only six new buses have been ordered by the government.
Finance Minister had said in the budget speech that the government would buy 1000 buses using Rs 300 crore with loan from financial institutions.
The KSRTC has bought only one CNG operated bus which is rotting in Pappanamkode bus depot.