21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
LDF cannot be strengthened through shortcuts: CPI leader
Covai Post Network
February 23, 2018
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The CPI State Secretary, Kanam Rajendran, on Friday said that the need of the hour was a strong stand against corruption.
Speaking at a seminar at the CPM State conference at Thrissur, Kanam Rajendran said that the Left front was elected to power in the last elections because of its fight against corruption in the UDF Government. “It is because of its stand that the LDF won,” the CPI leader said in the presence of former Finance Minister K.M. Mani.
“Nobody should think that the LDF can be strengthened through shortcuts. There should be no compromise with corrupt forces. The need of the hour is a strong alternative against neo liberal economic forces,” he said.
“This Left alternative will fight communal forces and corruption. This should first emerge in Kerala,” he added.