27 Apr 2018, Edition - 1018, Friday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
NIA to quiz IS sympathizers to ascertain Hadiya husband Shafin’s links
Covai Post Network
January 6, 2018
Kottayam : The NIA will quiz a few IS sympathisers to know whether ISIS had links with Shafin Jahan who was in the news for marrying Hadiya, a Hindu who embraced Islam.
The NIA special court here allowed NIA sleuths to question Manseedh and Shafvan P at Viyyur Central Jail in Thrissur on Monday.
The two were among others who attended a clandestine meeting of a Kerala terror module named Omar Al Hind of IS at Kanakamala in Kannur in 2016.
Shafin was a member of the WhatsApp group started by Manseedh, NIA sources said. He also had acquaintance with Shahvan.
Hadiya’s father had accused Shafin of having links with the ISS when he sought separation in Kerala High Court of his daughter with Shefin. The court had nullified their marriage and sent her with her father. This was challenged by Shafin in the Supreme Court.
The investigation into Shafin’s antecedence is sequel to Hadiya’s father’s charges against him.