18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Boys rescued from Thailand cave discharged from the hospital
- Cong wants ‘no trust’ motion deferred, doesn’t want debate on Friday
- Kerala Government backs women’s entry in Sabarimala temple
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
Not possible to support KSRTC, Kerala Govt tells HC
Covai Post Network
January 4, 2018
The State Government on Thursday informed the Kerala High Court that it was not possible to support the ailing KSRTC anymore.
“The Government has done everything possible to save the cash trapped transport corporation. Though the Government is not obligated to pay pension to the employees, it had been extending financial support towards payment of pension to the retired staff since 2015,” it said in an affidavit.
According to the Government, it was giving Rs. 30 crores every month towards pension for the staff. It said no State Government pays from its exchequer to settle pension dues for its transport staff.
The matter came up before the court after KSRTC Pensioners’ Organisation filed a petition urging it to direct the Government to give away pension.