20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Pamphlets distributed against chief of Syro Malabar Church
Covai Post Network
January 21, 2018
Kochi: Pamphlets were distributed against the chief of the Syro Malabar Church Cardinal Mar George Allencherry in Catholic churches today across the state.
The notices were distributed an outfit Archdiocesesan Movement for Transparency criticising the cardinal for allegedly involving in corrupt practices while selling land property.
The notices were distributed by outfits if priests and faithfuls. The title of the pamphlet says the facts of land deals of Ernakulam-Angamaly Archdiocese. The cardinal and two other priests were involved in the sale of the land to clear debt that piled up due to starting of Medical College, it said.
The previous cardinal had decided not to start the medical college. Overlooking the stand of the previous cardinal, the present cardinal and others had sold the land of the Syro Malabar Church, which is unit of the Catholic Church based in Kerala.