25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Poonjar man held for making bomb threat call to Guruvayur temple
Covai Post Network
January 25, 2018
KOTTAYAM: A 28-year-old tippler was arrested on Thursday for making a bomb threat call to the Sree Krishna temple at Guruvayur.
The arrested has been identified as Faasil from Poonjar in Kottayam.
According to police, Faasil called the temple dewaswom board at around 10 p.m. on January 23 and said a bomb has been planted in the temple and that it would blow up soon.
On information, police rushed to the temple and conducted search operations. However, they did not find any suspicious objects. The cyber cell of the police department traced the call and nabbed Faasil, who works as a security at an ATM.
During interrogation, Faasil admitted that he made the call under the influence of alcohol.